10/30/11

Just a doodle…

The “Brambles of Suspicion” nasty buggers!
So, I’ve decided to draw my own pictures to add to my finished, but not-yet-published book. I know, seriously?? Yep. It’s one of those kind of books and I’m going to include maps, etc. It’s good exercise for my fingers (huh??) and as it turns out a very good motivational technique. We writers can use all the motivational techniques we can wrap our heads around! I’m finding it validating and inspiring to create these little doodles. I see my universe so vividly it’s wonderful to share it not only through words, but through these drawings as well. Besides, if I'm going to put my heart and spirit "out there" I might as well put it ALL out there! Why the hell not? Don't answer that. I'm sure there are a lot of reasons not to, including the old "Crap! Now people can point and laugh at me!" or worse yet, "Double-crap! No one is even looking at me (my book) to even just point and laugh!"

Then I hear Freddy Mercury sing, “This is your life, don’t play hard to get” and I just say f*ck-it. I know, I talk to myself A LOT. Perhaps I should go to a shrink, but I just don't have the time! I am way too busy thinking up the nutty stuff.

The real thing is once I stopped trying to get my book published through traditional means, and decided to go the Indie Route, I’ve found it nothing but FREEING! Amen.



3 comments:

  1. Love your posts!

    I'm here from the blog hop and happy to discover yours. My favorite scary book is IT (scared the crap out of me when I was a kid), movie that horrified me most was Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween, and I did not dress up this year, because I'm lame. Maybe next year ;-)

    Happy Halloween! My blog is at http://www.amberrisme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super slow about getting around, but hi! --New follower and friend from the Halloween Hop. I know EXACTLY what you mean about drawing focusing your writing energies. I started as a sketch artist and developed into a writer because of drawing.

    Now I'm going to be singing "Play the game, play the game, everybody play the game of love..." for the next hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries! Really glad you made it by and I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete